The three day annual meeting of the Bilderberg Group is now being held in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Today’s Alex Jones radio program denounced the gathering for attempting to destroy America’s sovereignty and plotting to create a single global currency. Similar to most accusations made by Jones, the claims have no merit and there is no evidence to support them. Since 1945 the world has had a single reserve currency, and it is the American dollar.
An article today on Infowars.com claims Bill Clinton “is a prime example of a candidate selected and run by Bilderberg. Bilderberg is also responsible for selecting British Prime Ministers Tony Blair and David Cameron.”
It goes on to say Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) “is another pawn. . . Veteran Bilderberg sleuth Jim Tucker wrote last week about Perry’s likely entry into the 2012 field, pointing out that he may be Bilderberg’s ‘Ace in the Hole’ . . . Perry keeps pushing himself as a Bilderberg wild card. . . Bilderberg, true to form, wants the U.S. recession to continue throughout 2012 and for oil prices to remain high and increase further.”
This is complete nonsense and it makes conservatives appear foolish. I sent four messages to Mary Borrego yesterday when she said “George Bush is a traitor!!!!!” and went on to praise Ron Paul who wants America to give up its veto power in the UN Security Council. As I told her, the Bilderberg Group is not an advocacy organization and does not take official positions on any issue. They have never reached a conclusion on any subject, nor have they attempted to do so.
In 57 years they have never issued a policy statement or resolution. They have never taken a vote on any issue. The guests are both liberals and conservatives, and every gathering features debates. In 2004, there was a debate between then Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) and Ralph Reed of the Christian Coalition. No one accused them of working together.
Bilderberg primarily serves as a networking group for the well connected. The motivation in forming the organization in 1954 was to stop anti-American sentiments in Europe. It is today a group of academics, business leaders, and government officials who get together for off the record conversations. It is off the record so that people can freely express ideas without fear of repercussion. By having it off the record, people can speak freely and honestly. There is no agenda other than for intelligent people to exchange ideas.
Most of the nonsense surrounding Bilderberg comes from the John Birch Society, Alex Jones, Infowars, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) and other radical libertarians. Cuban leader Fidel Castro agrees with their conspiracy claims. An episode of Jesse Ventura’s TV program “Conspiracy Theory” was devoted to the Bilderberg Group.
George W. Bush, UK Prime Minister David Cameron of the Conservative Party, former Prime Ministers Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair, French President Nicolas Sarkozy, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, Condoleeza Rice and Richard Perle are not traitors. They did not participate in any plot to steal America’s sovereignty.
Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) attended a 2007 Bilderberg Conference and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) said he should be investigated for a criminal violation of the Logan Act which prevents our foreign policy from being undermined. Congressman Paul said Perry’s attendance was “A sign that he’s involved in the international conspiracy.” Other comments about the Bilderberg Conference include:
- Ann Liber of Prosper, Texas said Perry “Gets his marching orders from the Bilderbergers. He is a huge globalist and supports the North American Union (NAU).” Not only does the Governor disagree with her, but a NAU has never existed and no lawmaker has ever proposed it.
- Jeffrey Wimmer of Biloxi, Mississippi says “Gov. Perry has issues with conservatives like myself . .I’m very wary of guys the Bilderbergers pull into their New World Order circle.”
- Deb Stickley of Lexington, Kentucky: “They are developing a one world government. Don’t let anyone kid you on this one.”
Ted Day of Tenino, Washington believes the Bilderbergers “are the true enemy, the rest are diversions.”
- Libertarian Mark Hamilton of Clifton, Virginia says “These meetings are where the billionaires purchase politicians.”
- Sally Linderman of Washington, D.C. says “They are meeting to totally collapse world economies and create a new currency under the New World Order.”
- Caroline Cowan Conger says “They are about control, greed, power, and America’s breakdown as the country as we knew and loved.”
- Torey Dawn Hodges of Las Vegas is the only person I agreed with: “I think it’s another boondoggle conference that select people attend. Do I think it’s some nefarious conspiracy–heck no. I think the New World Order people have built this strange case around central bankers, Jews, the Council of Foreign Relations, Jews, Bilderberg, Jews, the Federal Reserve, Jews, etc. They don’t come out and say Jews, but start talking with them and Israel always emerges as a central planner of the New World Order. Seriously, I think Bilderberg is an event. It’s an intellectual exchange of ideas; likely a lot of stupid ideas. I don’t think the group has much influence.”
Congressman Paul is again seeking the GOP nomination but continues to say there is little difference between Republicans and Democrats. In a 2009 interview, the lawmaker said “The people who surround Obama or Bush generally come from the same philosophic viewpoint and they have their organizations – the Trilateral Commission, the Council on Foreign Relations and the Bilderbergers, and they’ve been around a long time. My biggest concern is what they preach: Keynesian economics and interventionism and world planning.”
These organizations do not pick presidents or other world leaders, they had nothing to with the creation of the European Union or any military action, and they have never called for a New World Order or a global currency.
They are similar to numerous think tanks, and the only difference is that the attendees are high profile. The Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission have both opened their proceedings to public scrutiny, maintain websites and have long listed their members.
If the Bilderberg Group is trying to establish a new currency or a one world government, then for 57 years they have been spectacular failures.