We have many conservative friends and we definitely sympathize with their opposition to the Obama administration and the Democratic Congress. The situation confronting our nation is serious and we should be alarmed.
There is nothing wrong in being passionate about your beliefs, and we admire people who are involved in public policy and engage in debate. The problem is that some of our Facebook friends (i.e. Tamara Heater, Ed Wyatt, Keith L. Burroughs, etc.) make highly disturbing and offensive comments.
Our efforts to encourage people to tone down their rhetoric, and to avoid curse words as well as racial and ethnic slurs, have not been successful. We try not to be judgmental and our first amendment guarantee of freedom of speech is vital.
We do not want to censor anyone, but in some situations we are compelled to act. Reducing high voltage language allows your intelligence to shine through.
Profane language is not profound, and people swear and attack ethnic and minority groups when they are out of control. It does not bother us if people disagree with our viewpoint, but some comments cross the line.
Tonight’s example is Keith Burrough who is admired by several of my friends. Keith and I are both conservatives but we often disagree. He is not bashful about expressing his sentiments on my Wall, and a few hours ago he posted this message:
Sometimes my FB friends say I am too hard on libbies, Towel Head and other idiots I commonly refer to in my posts. Even sometimes I’m a bigot about religion. Folks, God is clear in His plan for our salvation. You must get on one side of the fence here, there ain’t no straddlin it. No, I’m not too hard on folk, to say the least.
In response, Keith has received many supportive messages, but we do not approve of his inflammatory language. We share his opposition to President Obama’s agenda, and he describes himself as a “100% Christian.”
We have plenty of issues to debate forcefully in this campaign, and there is no need to resort to extremism. Hundreds of times, Keith has described President Obama as a “towel head.” He also calls the President, “Muzlum freako,” “a gay commie pinko,” “half breed prez,” “the Towel Head who favors communism,” “an idol worshiping tyrant who isn’t even from this country.”
Keith is also concerned about:
- The loss of ‘white rights’ began with Abe Lincoln. I can’t stand the thought of that scum bag, he killed my white forefathers needlessly.’
- Today, with a muslim communist Towel Head at the helm we are losing our rights at an alarming pace.
- Will the day come again when white America takes back this country as we originally took it? Will it have to go that far? What is it going to take for white rights to be recognized?
- Extreme am I? You might be too when your free country is declared a nation of Islam by our Towel Head pres. and Eric Holder. Are you ready to get down on your knees in the mosque when Muslim Towel Head in Chief declares us a nation of Islam?
- What brand and color of towel will you brandish and wear when the Muslim Towel Head declares Islam the New Order for the U.S.?
- Joe Blow Biden, you murdering skunk, give new meaning to term stupid. You be plain dumb boy, on your knee pads to Towel Head.
- His friends describe Martin Luther King “as a piece of dirt. He never worked for improvement of black/white relations – that’s just the myth. He was a front man for the globalist War on Whites. It’s a travesty for White people have to pay for national celebrations for a man who was a Communist and helped pave the way for minimal White participation in running a gov’t of a country founded by and for Whites.”
We completely understand why the wise Aimee Masters wrote to Keith and said:
It’s bigots like you, who use the words “Towel Head” that need to be added to the list of those who need help. Don’t pretend to love God when you speak so harshly of His creations. If you truly wanted these people to be prayed for you would have chosen your words in a loving manner.
Comments I find disturbing from other Facebook members are:
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) is a murderer and doesn’t deserve to live! The DEATH penalty is still applicable in CA as far as I know. I still want a retard to rape her before executing this slut. Get out of my country you piece of shit. I am sick and tired of her.
- The PRESIDENT of the United States who is DELIBERATELY and knowingly DESTROYING America!!!! In my book, he’s a TRAITOR, an ILLEGAL ALIEN. But NEVER an American. REVOLUTION NOW, GODDAMMIT!!! I hope we can undo what this bastard has done to our country. Then we can throw him out of America, and put him somewhere in Africa for the carnivores.
- Blacks and latinos are parasites on those of us who work hard. They all voted for Mama Bama because they know he’ll give them free handouts while they breed like fleas. They take, take, take until we’re a nation of peasants. This is why they were enslaved in the first place, it was a no-brainer that if we granted them freedom, this is exactly what would happen.
- Get rid of the f–king Jews from the USA and you will get rid of Arab desire to destroy good Americans. Your Jew loving ways will destroy you. Send em home and let em fight their own battles. We don’t care about the Middle East.
- Geez, that’s a surprise. The majority of Latinos support government healthcare. Isn’t it what they have back home, in their banana republics? And isn’t it what they want… Everything for FREE? So they think… They are idiot morons.
We are also disappointed in former Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) who ran for President in 2008. He is now planning to run for Governor of Colorado on the Constitution Party ticket and we will be surprised if the Democrats do not win.
Tancredo says we should “send Obama back to Kenya.” The former Congressman continues to say the United States should bomb the Muslim holy sites in Mecca and Medina if another militant terrorist attack happens on American soil.
Tancredo does not see a distinction between a small group of militants from the rest of the one billion plus Muslims worldwide who want peace. We should not be attacking an entire religious population with followers living around the globe.
There are militants in many faiths. A few extremist Christians have bombed abortion clinics. No one suggested bombing Christian holy sites in Jerusalem as a retaliation. It is always wrong to stir up religious hatred.